One of snowgrrl’s favorite resort town activities is swooshing down the slopes into a cozy little apres-ski destination to sip a warm, rich hot chocolate. All of the vigorous ski activity deserves a sweet warm reward, don’t you think? Listed here are five favorite places to find a H.C.:
- Rimini Gelato in Vail (Lionshead) or Beaver Creek – Somehow, the Europeans seem to have a sixth sense for Euro-friendly cafes, so this place not only has amazingly rich hot chocolate, if you pull up a wicker chair to a marble table and sit for a bit, you can also do some good people-watching. The Vail location is in Lionshead, tucked away next to the ice skating rink and about a block away from the gondola.
- Starbucks in Keystone. What, Starbucks, you say? Can’t I find that anywhere? Yes, yes, you can, but where else can you take your fancy coffee outside and sit by a fire pit? So this is on the list because of the interesting location.
- The “Living Room” at the Little Nell in Aspen. I met a Kennedy here. No joke. I hear Mariah Carey has been spotted sipping champagne by the fireplace, too.
- Burke and Riley’s in Breckenridge – if an Irish Coffee is more your thing. Right on Main Street. Don’t expect to be able to ski afterwards, as you will likely be at the bar for hours.
- Though its ownership has recently changed, snowgrrl’s crew used to stay at the Cascades in Vail, where there was *complimentary* apres-ski hot chocolate, and on some days, even s’mores by the fireplace! We’ll see if the newest iteration of the hotel & creek-side restaurant continues the same cozy atmosphere!